Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mike's Birthday

Honeybun snuck into my bedroom again last night, as I awoke to find her on the foot of the bed this morning. Kelly had a pretty good day yesterday, and we watched Misty on DVD last night and told each other our life stories - with a break every hour for me to take the dogs downstairs and out. Shadow, the black long-hair cat, just swiped at Natasha and caused her to hiss, which made me jump. And Abby, the orange tabby female, is now sitting between them - she's the self appointed referee in any cat spat. Charlie has gone back to bed with Kelly, Nikki is asleep on the sofa, and Kohlbi is passed out on his doggie bed, while Boris is manning the window sill in case we come under attack. Later today, I'll pick the poop out of the dog pen, and there's a crock pot in the garage with something growing in it (Kelly says it's been there for months) - I'm going to hose it down before I actually wash it.
My kits were very excited and happy to see me yesterday - I loved them and fed them, and while they were out playing in the backyard, I scooped all potty boxes. I also put out more peanuts for Gimpy and his crew. Today is my nephew Mike's 29th birthday, so while I was walking Rosie and Remy yesterday, we wandered by the video/DVD shop where Mike is the assistant manager (besides owning half of his own tattoo business). The Rs were welcomed inside, and Mike hugged me several times before and after I handed over his card. He's a good young man. The Rs got to meet several new dogs and make friends yesterday, besides the people they greeted at Mike's shop. We walked for 58 minutes on our tour - with me walking as fast as I could behind those two red power-houses. They never barked or lunged while walking, and they sat and waited beautifully. They really are super Irish Setters.
I'll head back to Boulder again tomorrow morning, to take care of my kits and walk the Rs. Then I'll return to Brighton and care for the menagerie here. Kelly wants to watch either Jane Eyre, the BBC series, or Alice's Restaurant later this afternoon or evening. I'll be happy to watch either and/or both... as you know, I can't resist Timothy Dalton... Mike is due home from St. Louis via DIA around 10 p.m. on Saturday, so I'll be going home to my kits some time on Sunday. I hope it's the morning, so I can laze about with the kits most of the day before going out Monday morning to walk the Rs again... Lovey and Banichi are missing me, as I am them.

No comments: