Thursday, March 18, 2010

T-Shirts Today - Parkas Tomorrow

The sunrise painted the east with beautiful stripes of pink, blue and purple earlier. The sky is now mostly cloudy, with patches of pale blue. Clouds will increase today and the snow will start overnight - they are predicting 6 to 12 inches of wet, heavy snow through Saturday afternoon. The forecast high for today is 65, for tomorrow, 32. I think Lovey and Banichi will be visiting Alexy's house for about a week - and I'll need to pack my snow boots and my knee brace today. Not to mention purchasing canine treats and feline goodies for all of us inmates.... maybe I'll get to spend some real time working on genealogy! Cloudy and Shady are out and about on their own purposes, but Shady has seen me sitting here at the desk twice, and has come to the door to be let in and loved, only to use the kitchen kitty door to go right back out.
I made it to the Carnegie Library yesterday and found the info I wanted off the microfilm. I've already shared what I found with Tina, who is searching for her birth parents. I did have to laugh, as I walked backed to the RTD Station, however: a couple of young men (late 20s, early 30s) were walking behind me and said that after what they had heard of Boulder being a party town, they were surprised not to see anyone falling down drunk in the streets. I turned around, and in my best Irish accent said, "Only in Boston, me boyos; not Boulder." It was nice to see that most everyone had on the color green in some way, shape, or form yesterday. I did see an older man in brown and blue and I told him he was begging to be pinched - he giggled, nodded, and started to jog away from me....
I know that most of the US is getting excited about March Madness, but this year it hasn't yet touched me. I enjoyed the Winter Olympics, but there's nothing that has sparked my interest in spring games yet. I saw an interview with Todd Helton (of the Colorado Rockies) the other day, which made me think how good looking he is, but it didn't make me want to run out and see him. Am I getting old at 53 3/4??? The things that used to get my attention no longer do so - unless it's a nice set of buns on a guy of any age! Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: