Thursday, July 15, 2010

Busy Weekend...

It's another nice warm day here in Colorado. I've walked the dogs, and just awakened from an unplanned nap. The only reason I awoke was because Neddy had attached himself to my hand; he was biting it, with his arms wrapped around my wrist, while his hind feet were kicking my elbow and his tail was twitching under my nose. I decided I needed to arise, wake up, and get to work on the blog. Brandi's owner just called and asked if I could take care of her Friday and Saturday night, and I was happy to tell her that since I'd be across the street at Kathy and Jim's (with Suki, Boo, Lovey and Neddy), it would be no problem. So tomorrow I'll have everything packed up for the weekend, except for the kits, when I go to walk the Rs. Once I've finished Remy and Rosie's walk, Kathy will drive me back home to pick up the kits and their potty box, plus my gear. We'll go back to her house, unpack the kits, put her coolers in the truck, and then she'll drive to Salida, as Jim is flying the glider there.
Abby Toll, the person convicted of animal cruelty, tried to get the serving of her sentence postponed yesterday. The judge just sent her back to jail. (Hooray!) ... Drosselmeyer, the colt who won the Belmont Stakes, has injured his ankle (which one was not specified), and is out of training for an indefinite period of time. ... Macho Again has been retired from racing, and it looks as if he'll be standing stud in Venezuela. ... And the local chief meteorologist, Kathy Sabine, was a rodeo queen in California during her teens and 20s. She still rides daily, and was asked to participate in the annual Sombrero Ranch horse round-up and drive this past spring. The ranch gathers in about 700 head of horses and brings them cross-country, about 63 miles, to be used during the spring, summer, and fall. A video from photo shots has been made and can be seen at: http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=106596247001# More information on the Sombrero Ranch ride may be found at: http://www.sombrero.com/custompages/horse_drive.asp It's something that I would love to do - but I'd have to get back into good riding shape, first!!

No comments: