Saturday, July 3, 2010

July Fourth Weekend

Happy July! It's just after noon here in Boulder; the sky is partly cloudy, it's 92 degrees, and the humidity is at 29%. Suki and Boo are in the back yard, while Lovey and Neddy are upstairs in the loft with me. Lovey has begun to stroll through the house, like Banichi used to, and the dogs ignore her; Neddy has taken over Lovey's role as the jump and run critter. Boo thinks Neddy is bewitching, and doesn't want to leave him alone - ever. I've had to block off the loft, so the kits can have a place to go potty in peace. Lizzie and Maggie May have been super; and during last night's premiere of Ragtime, I spent two hours with Remy and Rosie, reading aloud from the newest Sister Fidelma 7th-century Ireland mystery. We've had thunderstorms Thursday night and yesterday afternoon, with more forecast for this afternoon and evening. Suki does not like thunderstorms, and prefers spending them under Kathy and Jim's bed, so I've been making sure she's inside at the first hint of thunder. Remy doesn't like thunderstorms, but he doesn't actually hide. Lizzie gets inside the bathtub in the center of the house to escape the thunder, so I'll make sure all the canines are safely inside for the night before Boulder starts it's fireworks Sunday night at 9:30. I love watching the fireworks, but am surprised to find that I'm happy not to be at home in my apartment tomorrow night.... even though it's only a block from the fureworks display. Finished reading Ann Ripley's eighth Louise Eldridge mystery, and the latest Knights Templar, so I'm now three-quarters through The Council of the Cursed. I'll need to visit the library for a bag of new books to read on Monday. Please enjoy your Independence Day weekend! - And give some thought to those who have fought for our nation.

No comments: