Monday, July 12, 2010

Hot Week Ahead

It's only 63 degrees outside at the moment, but temperatures will flirt with 100 each day this week, according to the weather people. I can't make the bus connections today, but for the rest of the week, I plan on taking the Rs out earlier than usual - for both our sakes. As we are living at a height more than a mile above sea level, the UV rays are that much more intense, and I have enough freckles already. Even though I walk the dogs wearing a large, floppy brimmed sun hat and my sunglasses over my regular glasses, my arms and legs take some punishment, even with SPF 30 sun block applied. Sorry - enough grousing.... at least we don't have the humidity that those of you in coastal areas or near the Great Lakes have to deal with.
Lovey and Neddy are still having a ball running in and out - I'm afraid that Lovey went to visit with Riley last night, as I called her in, but didn't get a response for 40 minutes. Neddy, on the other hand, is usually within 100 feet of the patio door. He has decided that the grass won't try to grab him, and delights in chasing flying and hopping insects - luckily, he has yet to catch anything that retaliates. ... I spent last night day-dreaming about getting a horse, and found several that met my criteria. The one I liked most was a 9-year-old mustang gelding in Waycross, Georgia. He was a super bargain. I want him! (Silly me!!)

No comments: