Monday, July 26, 2010

Thought Remnants

A very nice warm day here in Boulder... the weather folks are saying a high of 97, while it was 60 when I walked the Shih Tzus this morning. Rosie and Remy had a good time on our walk today - we visited the nursing home and the pre-school this morning, which meant lots of time wading in the concrete culvert between the irrigation ditches. (Remy prefers the concrete bottom, while Rosie loves the sand and mud bottom.) The Rs family is leaving for Europe this afternoon, but their washing machine broke last night, so they are over here at Aiko and Yoshi's doing last minute laundry before their trip. I've walked Danny and Shama this morning, also, so I'm tired. Once Joel and the family leave for the airport, and once Mary and her family return home, I'll run over to my place and spend a few evening hours with Lovey and Neddy. They won't be happy that they'll have waited all day, but they will still be excited to see me. It's nice to be greeted with love at your door.
Since it is Pony Penning week, I feel a strong pull (need?) to be on Chincoteague. I also feel a need to be with friends in Florida - in Gainesville, Archer, Micanopy, and Vero Beach. Another part of me wishes I was holed up high in a mountain canyon or valley with just wildlife, my cats, and a few good books for company. My biggest problem is that I get bored so quickly and easily... of course, if I were living by myself in the mountains, I'd have plenty of things I'd have to do to keep staying there, so maybe I wouldn't get bored.... I just don't know.

No comments: