Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fresh Snow

Four inches of snow fell yesterday afternoon and evening - most of it after the sun set. Nedi and Lovey went out and played in it for 15 minutes this morning, before I called them back inside. And the kits have a new favorite toy - I donated blood yesterday, and afterwards, the tech plopped a sterile cotton pad in place over my vein, then did a quick figure 8 shaped wrap with what looked like VetWrap tape, in bright blue. When I removed the tape three hours later, both kits homed in on it, and for the past 17 hours, I can usually find the bright blue blob in either kit's mouth. Yesterday I walked Tessa and played with Lilly, Lyra, and Dhisana - and searched for some missing jewelry of Lynn's. It started to snow as I left her house and headed home. Since it was above freezing, the snow kept melting as it fell for most of the afternoon. But, of course, the temperatures dropped, and the snow started to "stick." We are expecting another 2 to 4 inches of snow throughout today - I'd love to be able to stay at home, enjoy the view of the snow, and watch the Superbowl. But I committed to taking care of Tessa and the kits, and feeding them supper tonight, so I'll watch the Superbowl at Lynn's. Then I'll have to get home. Plus I'll need to start visiting and caring for Brett's cats. Brett is a pastry chef, and I've known him for 2 or 3 years now. - And he's young enough to be my son. - Anyway, I remind him of his favorite "ditzy" aunt, and we both love cats... I get to meet Patches and Phoenix today. Since I've pulled the kits back in, Nedi is curled up on the cat tree and is looking out the window, while Lovey is sitting between me and the monitor, and purring up a storm. Her eyes are barely open, and she's vibrating back and forth with her purrs - almost as if she were hypnotizing herself. To end today, I'll just say: "Go, Packers!" ('Cause I don't like the Steelers' quarterback.)

No comments: