Friday, February 4, 2011

Canines, Cats & Soup

It is cloudy and misting outside - and it's 40 degrees F. The kits have had a ball running in and out today - and I enjoyed my hour walk with Rosie and Remy, and then the shorter walk with Tessa. Lilly usually hides on Friday, because she hates the vacuum that the housekeeper uses. Today, she ran to me, and wanted love and attention - of course I gave it to her. I played with Lyra and Dhisana on their new cat tree, let Lilly outside for a few minutes, and rough-housed with Tessa. Stopped at the bakery on the way home, and picked up keys and instructions from Brett, as I'll be taking care of Patches and Phoenix while he's on vacation next week. I'd put beans in soak last night to make my bean, ham & potato soup, so I then set up the crock pot, rinsed the beans, added the potatoes, ham and a nice ham bone, and set it on high (after adding coarsely cracked black pepper). - Two hours later, it's starting to smell very enticing. - Even Nedi keeps getting on the counter top and sniffing around the pot.
I met the Chandler's new pups this morning, too. Xena is currently smaller than Victor, she is lighter in color, and she's very friendly and loving. Victor is larger, has a reddish tint to his coat and a white stripe on his chest, and, today, he learned how to bark at strangers. (After which he licked me all over.) They both look as if they have a golden Lab somewhere in their past few generations - even though Xena was described as a Boxer mix, and Victor as an Australian cattle dog mix. They both have white toes on their front paws, and they both appear to be very intelligent and willing to please. I think the Chandler family chose exceedingly well when they visited the Humane Society.

No comments: