Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nedi at War

Nedi is currently waging a war against anything that is enclosed within a "plastic" bag - this includes kitty treats, doggie treats, baking mixes, Zip-loc bags, and grocery bags. When I returned home this morning, I found a bag that I had pre-mixed several cobbler toppings inside ripped to shreds and flour, sugar, etc. was scattered all over the floor. When I paused to look at it, he even brought me the very holey Zip-loc bag! What a little fiend! Now I have to be certain that anything like that is inside the closed cabinet - and not on an open shelf.
It was 1 degree outside when I arose this morning. Our high might reach 10 today - it started snowing around 9 last night, and it's still coming down. Boulder has gotten another 3 inches so far, on top of the 6 or 7 that was already here... I woke up due to the wind about 1:30 this morning, and realized what "white out conditions" mean. The wind was blowing from the north at about 35 to 40 mph, the snow was falling, and the wind was blowing the snow already on the ground sideways. I could see nothing out the windows of the house except ... white. We were told to expect 6 to 12 inches by tonight, as the new total snowfall - and I think it will be in the lower range of those numbers, at this point in time. They say our low tonight will be about -10 degrees with a wind chill in the -30s....
Tessa, Lilly, Dhisana and Lyra seem to be happy to have me there. I give them treats, play with them, and read to them. I wrestle around the floor with Tessa, and when I'm sitting or sleeping I have one to three kits on top of, or beside, me. With the low temperature, the snow, and the wind, I won't be walking the Irish kids today. I will stop by and take Lucy out for a quick walk, so she can have a potty-break midday. Lovey and Nedi want to cuddle, since I wasn't home last night. They do have a tendency to go stir-crazy when they don't get outside to stretch their legs. ... I was looking forward to the Av's hockey game last night, and then I found out that Peter Forsberg is having visa problems, and can't play for the Avs until he exits the USA and then returns. It has to do with immigration laws and his visa and passport status - and I just want to see him back on the ice. (The Avs lost last night.)

No comments: