Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Nedi Turns 10 Months Old

Today Nedi is bouncing off the walls. It's not because it's his birthday, it's because I'm not allowing him outside to run around. Why? It's -6 degrees outside, the wind chill is -24, and the humidity is 71% ... that feels mighty cold. Actually, I let the kits run out three times yesterday; and when I popped the door open this morning, Nedi ran out, stepped into the snow on the patio, danced for a few seconds and then high-tailed it back inside. Lovey just sniffed the air outside and retreated to the cat tree. - And the kits let me sleep in this morning! Usually Lovey wakes me up around 6; today she and Nedi snuggled with me until almost 9. The sleep and warmth was awesome - the dreams I had just before waking were awful.
I know the storm that brought us snow yesterday is massive - the TV folks are saying it covers 33 of the states, and is affecting over 100 million people. Because the wind chills are between 20 and 40 degrees below zero, the local public schools are closed, and the powers-that-be are asking everyone to stay at home if it isn't imperative to go out. That's why the kits and I are still snuggled up tight. - I have thoroughly enjoyed my reading time - yesterday, I read Preston and Child's latest novel about Agent Aloysius X. L. Pendergast, and, as usual, I want at least another four or five new novels available immediately.... And when I try to envision this fabulous FBI agent, the only body and face that comes to my mind is British actor John Castle. - In any event, I've read four books in the last 48 hours, and enjoyed them all...

No comments: