Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Robbery

It didn't get much above 20 degrees here yesterday; and the fine, powdery snow fell almost all day. Today, the sun is shining brightly and I'm sweating from the sun through the windows in the study. Skippy is continuing to be an exemplary host, while Finn can still be a bit over the top, according to Lovey and Nedi. But we're all getting along well, and my kits are still having a ball with all the available space. I need to go to the library today and get more books to read, even though I just purchased two new books earlier this week. I've already read one and am half-way through the other.
And it seems that while I was taking care of Aiko and Yoshi last weekend, a house on the cul-de-sac (two doors down) was being systematically robbed. According to my source, the thief (or thieves) broke in through a recessed basement window and stole all the electronic equipment in the house, as well as other valuables. I walked the boys down through that cul-de-sac every morning, and I never noticed anything amiss. - Not that I am a super star, a real detective, or anything like that; but I think I might have noticed if I saw something that wasn't right.... Oh, well. ... Once I was told of the robbery, I sent news of it out to my clients who live in the neighborhood. It seems that no one else was aware of the robbery, either. So now I'm the Critter- and Crime-Watch person!

No comments: