Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Warmth! - And Westminster

It has been so warm that I have worn shorts in my apartment, out on the patio, and out in the yard yesterday afternoon and this afternoon. Temps have been in the mid-60s with a wonderful splash of sunshine. I have to admit I wore jeans while walking the dogs yesterday and today, though. The wind is picking up now, and we're expecting a high of 45 tomorrow, with wind all day long - I'll have to wear ear covers and a jacket! The kits have been enjoying the warmth - they were out for 90 minutes this morning, and I opened the patio door for them more than 2 hours ago. I'll have to round them up soon.
Last night, the last three Group Champions were named: in the Sporting Group, it was a Black Cocker Spaniel; in the Working Group, the Portuguese Water Dog; and in the Terrier Group, the winner was the Smooth-coated Fox Terrier. These three were shown against the other four Group winners - the Pekingese, Bearded Collie, Chinese Shar-Pei, and the Scottish Deerhound. The Best in Show was proclaimed to be Hickory, the Scottish Deerhound from Warrenton, Virginia. Hickory placed third in last year's Best in Show Group.

No comments: