Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Boulder Fire Update

The wildfire smoke set off my smoke detector inside my apartment, so I've had to disable it already.  The fire has topped the ridge behind NCAR on Flagstaff Mountain.  Twenty-nine houses were originally evacuated - see the photos below.  Pre-evacuation reverse 911 calls have gone out to over 2,400 homes in south Boulder, with the eastern boundary being Broadway.  Broadway is only 14 blocks from my apartment.
 The smoke from the Boulder - Flagstaff fire as seen from one block south of my apartment.

The Flagstaff fire as seen from the evacuated houses on the west side of Flagstaff Mountain.

This photo was taken two blocks northeast of my apartment.

We have had a brief splatter of rain - not enough to even wet my shirt thoroughly.  I can see flames on top of Flagstaff from the front of my apartment building....  There was an informational press meeting set for this fire at 8:30; however, the local stations are covering the Waldo Canyon  Fire press update, as they have many more houses at stake to their fire at this time.....

Lovey is staying as close to me as possible; Nedi has gone into his hidey-hole in the closet.


No comments: