Saturday, June 30, 2012

An Amazingly Nice Morning

It's 66 degrees outside, the sun is shining, there is 24% humidity, and no visible smoke over the mountains.  There is no smell of smoke, either.  We are supposed to reach a high temperature just below 100 today, so it may not be so "nice" later - but it's wonderful outside now.  I've gathered Miss Maggie May inside for the day, and fed her breakfast.  I've let Boo and Mona out and fed them breakfast.  I stopped and picked up my breakfast on my way home to my kits;  whom I have fed (and cleaned litter boxes), and have allowed out to roam.  Next, I need to walk and feed Peach, and leave her on the veranda with plenty of water.  Then I can read for a couple of hours before starting my animal rounds all over again.  Lovey has been talking to me at the top of her lungs, while Nedi is being his usual silent self.
   The Ironing Board fire here in Boulder is contained.  The fire fighters performed a back-burn yesterday on one side of the Flagstaff fire, so there was new, dark smoke in the sky; but local citizens had been forewarned about the back-burn.  In the Waldo Canyon fire, the remains of a second person were found in a burned out home; at the moment, only one person is reported as missing in that area. It is hoped that the High Park fire will be in full containment tomorrow or Monday.  But that still leaves a lot of fires burning; even though the Waldo Canyon fire is nearest homes and businesses.
   Nephew Mike is at a weekend party at a lake; Kathy and Jim are in Leadville, with Jim competing in a half-marathon.  Since I have transportation, I might swing up to Nederland or Estes Park before the Fourth is over....  Maggie May doesn't need me during the day, and I only care for Peach until noon tomorrow, while Kathy and Jim are due back tonight...  So I might become a "tourist" and visit some of the shops.  We'll see.  It's supposed to continue with very hot and dry weather through the Fourth - I might end up just kicking back and doing research and reading.
  I hope you have a great weekend!  Don't get over heated, and stay hydrated!

No comments: