Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blog Time Change, Camelot, Football

For the next two or three weeks, I'll probably be blogging after 7 p.m. (MDT), as I am at a house where I can't connect to the Internet during the day.  I've enjoyed my past two days with Tugger and Sasquatch, but I must say that it's nice to be at home and sleep with Nedi and Lovey at night.  Both of my kits are outside, running around as dusk falls.  -  And today I tried the "new" popcorn chicken available at Burger King; I had seen the new commercial for the past three nights, and I decided that popcorn chicken would hit the spot for supper tonight.  First, though, I tried to purchase popcorn chicken at Kentucky Fried Chicken, but they no longer sell that item; so I went to BK.  I was greatly disappointed by both the drive-thru service, and the fact that having waited for 5 minutes for the food to be prepared, both the fries and the chicken were not even warm as I drove away from the window.  I microwaved both when I got home, but it just was not a good tasting meal. 
    Camelot was unable to win the St. Leger's yesterday; he finished second to Encke, a colt who had never won a race before.  Aidan O'Brien, Camelot's trainer, said after the race that he should have entered another horse, to assure a quick pace at the beginning of the race.  As it was, the pace was slow and steady, and Camelot just didn't have anything to run at.  So Camelot became the tenth colt to win the first two races of the English Triple Crown, but couldn't win the St. Leger.
    The Gators and the Gamecocks won their collegiate football games yesterday, but Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Colorado all lost.  I just watched both the Jets and the Redskins lose today.  I hope the Broncos can win tomorrow night.  Maybe I should wear my orange and blue again tomorrow?

No comments: