Sunday, September 2, 2012

September Sunday

I spent last night sleeping with the Skipper - he's awfully warm.  But I had just spent 4 hours combing out his hair, and he had been very gracious about it, so when he wanted to sleep with me, I couldn't refuse.  I awoke off and on during the night and early morning because he was licking my hand -  I guess it felt nice not to have any mats or dread-locks.  When I arose this morning, he meowed me all the way to the kitchen to get his breakfast...  He's a sweetheart.  He's developed some behavioral problems lately, but I think they are due to the bouncing hulk of Finn, who loves to pin Skippy down with one paw and slobber all over him.  In any event, Skippy was a good buddy last night.
  Lovey and Nedi have had breakfast and are out chasing bugs in the back yard.  I've also taken care of Ooch this morning.  I have a ticket to go see President Obama today, but I'm getting the beginnings of a migraine, and I think I'm going to have to pass on this opportunity - between the heat, the crowds, and the crowd noise, I'm not sure I can take it all.
  All of the football (college) teams I root for won over the past three days; except the CU Buffs, who lost the Colorado Challenge to CSU.  That game was in Denver, and not here in Boulder, thank goodness.  Next Saturday is the first home game for CU, but I'll be staying at Alexy's; and next Sunday is the Boulder Buffalo Bicycle Road Race, so I'll try to avoid that, too.
  We lost a great thoroughbred race horse and sire on the night of the last blue moon.  Theatrical, the 30-year-old son of Nureyev, was put down due to the infirmities of old age.  He had been pensioned as a stallion in 2009.  But I remember him in his prime, racing for Allan Paulsen, and as North American Horse of the Year in 1987.  The racing world has lost a great one.

No comments: