Tuesday, September 25, 2012

NFL Referees

I miss having decent referees for professional football games.  I have to admit that I haven't read up on the NFL's and the referees' disagreement;  I am not sure what the problem is between the two parties.  I do know that I (a) feel sorry for the replacements - they are performing a task they are not truly trained for, in front of an audience of millions, and are making gross mistakes; (b) I would like for the replacements to quit - but, then, with no referees, there would be no games; (c) I would like for the real referees to be able to return, but I understand the NFL won't even talk to them.  Hey!  Here's a thought - get all the ex-players who are in the booth calling the games put on the zebra-stripes and let them run the game....   The season will go down in the record books as the season to ignore because of the incompetency of the referees...  Titles will not matter because the officiating is so horribly grotesque and erratic.  Four weeks of pre-season, and three weeks of the "real" season, and we still have replacement referees....   What's going on NFL big-wigs?  How much of a kick-back do you want from the official referees?
    It's been gray all day - and it's just begun to rain.  Supposedly, we'll get about 3/4 inch of rain through midnight tomorrow.  Here's hoping for a wet Wednesday!

No comments: