Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cats and Football

It was 48 degrees early this morning - I had to go find a blanket in Alexy's linen closet so I could sleep comfortably.  I did have Shady sleeping with me, but he just couldn't keep both my legs and feet warm.  Today is the first home game for the CU Buffs, and the town is full of Sacramento State fans, as well as the Buffs faithful.  The Gators play on ESPN today, as do the Gamecocks. I'm wearing a garnet colored SCU shirt today; next week I'll wear my blue Gators shirt; tomorrow I'll wear my white and green NYC Tebow shirt.  Unfortunately, the Redskins and the Jets are playing at the same time tomorrow afternoon, but I can flip back and forth between the games, thanks to my DirecTV dish.  And, of course, the Broncos face the Steelers tomorrow night, and I'll have the pleasure of listening to Chris Collingsworth.
   I left Cloudy and Shady with their kitty door open at Alexy's, and came home to my kits.  Lovey is now asleep in the cat tree, but Nedi is running in and out, observing all the activity in the parking lot at the Millennium Harvest House.  Apparently a lot of folks brought their dogs, as I have heard multiple barks in different voices from the other side of the fence.  While I was at Alexy's last night, Nedi tore my bed covers apart, trying to burrow under the covers and the sheet.  The afghan, blanket and quilt are all twisted up and almost off the bed.  If I hadn't seen Nedi in action against the covers, I'd have sworn  a person was in here last night.
  I need to grab a few things from the grocery store before heading back to Alexy's (after the SCU game); and then I'll be here tomorrow afternoon so I can flip between channels watching my east coast NFL teams.  I'll watch the Broncos with Cloudy and Shady.  Yeah!  Football!  I can yell and scream again!

No comments: