Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sick Remy & Talking Back...

Remy was not well last night, nor this morning.  He didn't even get out of bed for a walk with Rosie and me.  Last night, he refused to eat, and then refused to lie down - it was almost as if he were stuck with his entire spine in one position only.  I took Rosie out, and left Nancy and Joel to call the vet in.  When I returned with Rosie, Remy had been given an aspirin, and was alert enough to come down stairs and greet me - even wagging his tail.  After offering him breakfast, which he declined, I sat with him until the vet arrived. He was becoming brighter and more alert with each passing moment, and, other than having his usual nerve disconnect when knuckles down on his hind feet, he passed every test and palpation with flying colors.  I told them how he had run around the yard yesterday, chasing 5 bicyclists and 3 squirrels.  It was decided that he had just over-extended himself yesterday, and ended up with his aged body rebelling last night and this morning.  -  I'll take Rosie out tomorrow, but leave Remy at home again.
  My kits had a blast running in and out yesterday.  I hope they really enjoy it again today, too, because I move to Alexy's tomorrow.  It has been cooler here in the mornings - almost brisk, with temperatures in the mid-50s and a cool breeze blowing down out of the mountains.  Yesterday I made the mistake of turning off one of the fans, and, at 8 last night, I couldn't figure out what was tickling the back of my neck.  It was sweat dripping down off my hair.  I turned the fan back on.   -  And I enjoyed both the football game and Bill Clinton's nomination speech of President Obama last night.  Billy-boy proved that he can still excite the masses and still has star appeal.
   I wrote of my "misbehavior" the other day, in talking back at someone.  Last night, here in Boulder, a man was driving his pick-up truck down the street, and a man on a bicycle kept swerving his bike out of the bike path and into the traffic lane.  A vehicle behind the truck witnessed it.  It was almost as if the bike rider was playing "chicken" with the truck driver.  At a stop sign, the driver yelled out the passenger side window to the bicyclist, "What the ___ do you think you're doing?"  The rider yelled back at the driver, dismounted from his bicycle, and approached the driver's window.  As he did so, he withdrew a large pocketknife, and opened the largest blade.  He threatened to cut the driver.  The driver called 911.  The young man was caught by police several blocks away.  The police said he reeked of alcohol, had an illegal amount of pot in his backpack, and told them he was on his way to a methadone treatment center.  He admitted to pulling the knife on the driver of the truck.  Having been arrested, he asked the police to call his mother.  The young man is 21.
   And I despaired of the lack of inventiveness of the young lady on the bicycle the other day...  How about:  You're a liver-lipped, kine kissing, javelina humping, micro-managing, anal retentive (and here, depending upon the gender of the person you're addressing) son of Satan - or daughter of a demon imp.  Isn't that a little more creative than "Stupid fat whore?"
   Hope you have a wonderfully creative day!

No comments: