Saturday, December 29, 2012

Another Cold Cloudy Day

Woke to to see a temperature of 1 degree outside the kitchen window this morning. It's slightly chilly out. I've fed and walked Rosie and Remy, and called in one of their twice-daily well-being reports. At home at the moment - it's now 15 degrees outside, the sun is shining, and we hope to hit 35. The patio door is open about 6 inches, as Lovey and Nedi are running in and out - Nedi is teasing the raven family and they are being raucous. Lovey runs outside and then down the edges of every one's patio, avoiding the edges of the snow that is still 4 inches thick on the ground...  Rats.  The sun just went behind a bank of clouds.
  I'm not quite sure how I feel today - my throat is more sore today than yesterday, I keep coughing and having to clear my throat, my nose is running, and I have a low-grade fever. I guess I have a cold. The question is: Do I go to the family gathering and possibly contaminate everyone, or do I stay at home (actually at Rosie and Remy's) and send my stuff over with Kathy and Jim? I'll see how I feel at 11 a.m., and then decide. The gathering is scheduled to start around 2 this afternoon in Dave and Tracey's home in Niwot. Then, if Grandma Anne feels like it, we are supposed to go see The Hobbit at 7 tonight. As I said, I'll have to evaluate how I feel before noon, and make my decision. Right now, I'd say "No."
  Well, Tim Tebow got slapped in the face by Coach Ryan of the NY Jets yet again. McElroy, the third string quarterback who was chosen before Tebow (number two) to start last weeks game, has a concussion, that he has been hiding from the coaching, training and medical staff, even though other team members knew about it. Since McElroy is still having symptoms of the concussion, Ryan has decided to go back to Mark Sanchez, again totally skipping over Tebow. Ryan says his reason is that Sanchez has more experience - yeah, he does. He has the highest rate of losing fumbles in the entire league, and has the lowest passing rate, behind Tebow. The reason Tebow has such a crappy record is because he has only been allowed 40 touches as quarterback this season, most of them hand-offs or runs; and, yes, most of his passes have not been caught. But he hasn't been given a chance to actually play the game - he's been put in for one play, at most two in a row, and then pulled out. As any athlete knows, it's impossible to warm up, get in the groove and do well in any sport, if you're only "playing" every 10 to 20 minutes for a few seconds.
  Enough of my carping. I am now looking forward to seeing the Outback Bowl on January 1, in hopes of seeing the Gamecocks beat Michigan; and then the Sugar Bowl on the 2nd, where I hope the Gators defeat the Louisville Cardinals. And, of course, the Broncos play tomorrow...

No comments: