Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Snorting Scrambled Eggs

NCIS was superb last night - especially the last scene, where Gibbs tried to get his ex-wife to drop the torch. There were so many funny moments, that I forgot it was a drama and that we needed to catch the villain at the end of the show. So Gibbs has realized that he didn't really love her; Fornelle is still in love with her and is jealous; her current husband is thinking of leaving her; and poor McGee got caught on the couch with her..... My, oh my..... And then Vegas: I find it strange that I really like the two opposing main characters. I've liked Michael Chiklas since I first saw him in Soldier with Kurt Russell - and I love him as Vinnie here. And I've always been fond of the tall, lean, rugged, quiet man as the sheriff, cop, or PI.... so Dennis Quaid is a shoo-in. Last night's episode was a doozy - Ralph showed that he cared, and Dixon couldn't hide his fear of spiders...
  It was pretty warm last night - we didn't fall below freezing, and it's in the low 40s already. The snow from yesterday has melted from the grass in the back yard, and I've put out nuts for the squirrels and bread for the ravens and crows. I purchased a loaf of artisan bread yesterday, not realizing that it was sour-dough, so the birds are getting hunks of it.... for some reason, I don't like sour-dough and peanut butter together.
  I was reading e-mail while eating scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and hash browns this morning. Got a quick response from my friend Michele, and snorted scrambled eggs out my nose. The eggs themselves weren't too bad.... it was the pepper I'd poured on them that just about killed my nasal passages. So I'm off to walk Rosie and Remy, Lucy, and then Victor and Xena today... Then I'll be at home doing genealogy research; and I hope to call my friend Mary in Florida this evening. I have a pretty lazy time of working until Christmas Eve, when I start taking care of three houses full of pets... But I have to complete a Christmas gift and send it off, too.... *Sigh* It looks like I'll be sending e-cards for Christmas, again...

No comments: