Sunday, January 20, 2013

Books and Things

Not a whole lot to comment on today - Sasquatch and Tugger were great last night and this morning. I've read the first two books of the Camulod series by Jack Whyte and have embarked on the third. I just received a notice from the Public Library that my inter-library loan book has arrived and is available for pick up (The Man on a Donkey). Today is much cooler than yesterday, but it's still bright and sunny out, and Lovey and Nedi are playing and running outside and back in. And I double-checked with two different bus drivers this morning, making sure whether they will run on a regular or Holiday schedule tomorrow (regular, thank goodness!). Sunday's are a pain in the patootie, trying to coordinate bus schedules to get to certain places by certain times - the buses only run their route once an hour on Sunday, as opposed to every 15 or 20 minutes on weekdays - and if you miss a connection, you're stuck for another hour, or you get to walk, or pay for a taxi.
  My cough and bronchitis are much better, but since I'm still making gunk in my lungs, I'm still coughing. At least I'm not coughing until I choke, as I was before. I've finished my antibiotics, and have 4 days of cough medication left. That'll cover me until I start caring for Rosie and Remy again. After their strange weight gain, the dogs are on a very strict diet; then I take on the munchkins, Aiko and Yoshi. The next week will be interesting, and I hope to be able to improve my stamina.
  In the past two days, five people have been accidentally shot at three different gun shows here in the US. .... Samuel Carter, the Boulder police officer who killed the Mapleton Hill elk, was heard to announce to several people at the end of a shift briefing on December 26 that he was going to kill the elk. The Fish and Wildlife office is upset because with him because he told them the elk was "road kill". This man has gotten himself into some deep stink - I don't know if it was the elk's antlers, or his meat, that was the driving force behind his killing. I guess we'll find out, as the story continues to unfold. ....
  The United Kingdom has been hit by heavy snow storms, causing flight delays, as well as slowing their rail and subway systems. In Scotland, a party of six mountain climbers went to climb in the area of Glen Coe; four were killed in an avalanche. .... Then there's the heat wave and fires in Australia. Do you think Mother Nature is making a statement?

No comments: