Monday, January 21, 2013

Inauguration Day

Gee, I started off the day watching past Presidents and their spouses arrive for President Obama's official Inauguration in Washington - this was interspersed with local coverage of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and the annual Memorial Marade in downtown Denver. I know that today is a Federal Holiday - but at the same time, I forgot it. since the buses were running on a regular (not Holiday) schedule, and I showed up at the front doors of the public library to pick up my reserved book. It's a Holiday! The doors were closed and locked, with a sign showing it was MLK, Jr Day. I certainly felt foolish! But I'll stop by there tomorrow, pick up my reserved book, and drop off the other two that I've finished...
  My kits have been wonderful, warm and snuggly since I've been ill. Today the kits have have fun running in and out of the warm sunshine, and are running around like loonies at the moment, as the sun has gone down, and Jupiter is spectacular beside the moon... I spent several hours with Sasquatch and Tugger today - and I think everyone had a good time. I hope to start walking Rosie and Remy again tomorrow - that's up to Nancy and Joel, the owners.
  I hope that you have a good week!

No comments: