Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Smiling Sunday

I am still all smiles after Friday at the Stock Show. Being around all the creatures was a breath of fresh air for me - even though I laughed a lot at young city kids pinching their noses and placing handkerchiefs over their faces, trying to escape the ammoniac odors of the animals' excretions. Friday, besides being the Draft Horse, Donkey and Mule Show day, was also the last "school kids" day at the show - there were more than 3,000 kids from the fourth grade on down to kindergartners at the show that day. Country kids, who thought everything smelled normal, to inner-city kids who were amazed at the size of the animals and appalled at the odors. I almost had as much fun watching the kids as I did everything else.
  My kits are enjoying the sunshine, just as they did yesterday - and just as Aiko and Yoshi and Tugger and Sasquatch have been enjoying the warmth and the light. I've tried to be sure they have all had time out in the sun, just to play, as well as the dogs' scheduled walks. I'm heading up to Nederland to take photos of the Carousel of Happiness in about an hour as per the request of a friend in Wisconsin. I am still coughing and I guess I'll have to call my MD again in the morning to see what, if anything, I should do... Kathy and Jim now have this monster flu, and they believe they caught it from Mike and Erin. Luckily, Sarah and Michael seem to have escaped this affliction so far.
  I hope the rest of your weekend is grand, and that this coming work week passes by quickly. Take care, folks!

No comments: