Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bright Day

It's very bright and clear outside today - Colorado at it's finest during the winter.  Blue sky in every direction, light breeze from the south, and sun, sun, sun.  I've fed and walked Aiko and Yoshi, been home and taken care of my kits, taken one load of recyclables out, and returned to the munchkins.  They played in the back yard while I shoveled the driveway.  Their folks are due home around 2 this afternoon, then I'll go home and be cleaning like a whirling dervish until our city apartment inspection tomorrow morning.
  Not much else going on - I'm almost finished reading The Lance Thrower, and still have 4 more books waiting for my eyes to devour them.  It doesn't seem like March is one and a half days away.  My nephew's birthday, is on the 4th, as is my friend Bea's, and then it seems there's a birthday every other day until the end of the month.  The last 10 days of the month, I'll be at the Snitman's, taking care of Finn and Skippy.
  I was surprised that when I was ready to leave the apartment and return to the boys, only Nedi came when I called.  I had to step out to the edge of the patio and call Lovey several times before I saw her appear, at the southern apartment building.  Then she ran like a wild thing, springing along on top of the snow's crust, until she hit a spot too close to the edge, broke through, and went careening off to her left and onto some one's patio.  Then she reappeared, turned on her jets, and flew up to me, jumping from the ground to my shoulder, as she arrived.  Luckily, I knew she'd do it, and had myself braced for it - she has knocked me off balance a couple of times when I wasn't prepared for 15-pound cat to suddenly appear on my left shoulder...

No comments: