Monday, February 25, 2013

Accomack Arsonist, Books, and Home Details

We had about 9 inches of snow fall here in my apartment area, and about 11 inches up in north Boulder at the Munsinger's. I had to shovel a path out to the back yard's grassy areas 4 times yesterday, so the Shih Tzu's wouldn't have to "swim" through the snow to relieve themselves... Someone was supposed to come shovel the front walkway and the drive yesterday, but I never saw hide nor hair of them. I shoveled the front walkway this morning, so the house cleaner would be able to get inside without having snow up to her knees. The house was put on the market, for sale, on Thursday; it was shown once on Thursday, twice on Friday,and twice on Saturday. The first people who looked at the house had financing already in place (the house sold for $1.19 million), and they signed the contract on Saturday. Now the Munsinger's have to find a place to move into until they decide where they are buying to "down size."
  Our apartment inspection is Thursday, and I still have a lot of trash to throw out, so the place won't look so cluttered. And I bought a new fire/smoke detector alarm system to put in the hall way. The existing one is wired into the ceiling, but it started going off for no reason during a 3-day weekend over a year ago, and one of the neighbors said he knew how to "turn it off." I allowed him to do so, not realizing until the next day that he had totally cut the wiring. So at least I now have an up to specifications combination smoke, fire, and CO2 alarm system. I just put it up.
  The kits were happy to see me this morning - more to get outside than anything else, but they've been stymied with the snowfall. Nedi has been jumping in and out of the snow and chasing imaginary whatsits, while Lovey is sitting in the sun on the corner of the patio looking regal. Yesterday I spent with Aiko and Yoshi, reading and giving belly rubs; this morning I need to give my kits some love, having already fed them, giving them fresh water, and cleaning their potty boxes. I finished reading all 917 pages of Uther, and have now started the story of Clothar, The Lance Thrower. Then, once I read The Eagle, I will have read all nine of Jack Whyte's books regarding the Chronicles of Camulod. And I am really enjoying this man's writing and ideas of how the story of Camelot came about. The books are fantastic!
  There was another fire near Wachapreague, in Accomack County, Virginia Sunday night. If it is confirmed as arson, this will mark the 53rd fire since November 12. The person or people responsible for these fires must be caught. Any unused or abandoned building in Accomack County seems to be within the perpetrator's grasp. This causes higher insurance costs, fire department costs, and policing (both city and county) costs. It's crazy. Let's pitch in to catch this pyromaniac!

No comments: