Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dusting of Snow

I closed the patio door last night when Nedi came inside covered with rain drops. Aha! I said to myself, this is the beginning of our forecast one to three inches of snow. It looks as if someone was very stingy with the handful of powdered sugar that is scattered on the grass; it looks more like a heavy frost than actual snow. I have, however, fed the squirrels and the ravens. The kits went outside for a few runs of craziness - Nedi kept charging from the privacy fence to the patio, through the apartment, and into the bathtub, where he reversed his path and ran back to the fence... The western slopes of the Rockies are getting between 8 and 30 inches of snow, while we sit here, in the 20s without precipitation. (I really think I've produced more moisture from my nose since Christmas, compared to the amount of snow we got last night and this morning!)
  I have almost finished reading Sovereign, and will then start on Clive Cussler thriller, followed by a Sneaky Pie Brown novel, and a Christopher Fowler mystery that involves the Peculiar Crimes Unit. Then I'll head back to the Chronicles of Camulod books. I really must recommend C.J Sansom as a mystery author. He writes well, with many layers, and his history is very accurate. I'm glad he was pointed out to me.
  Tonight is the night for the Grammy Awards. How many kids today know that Grammy stands for gramophone? Have they ever heard one? Or an old record or recording cylinder? I remember well my grand-father's wind-up Victrola...

No comments: