Saturday, November 9, 2013

Giggles, Groupie Doll, & Veteran's Day

I was awakened this morning at 5:50 by a very loud burst of giggling by females.  I am still unsure of their location at that time - next to me? Next to me and up a floor?  I just snuggled back down under the covers, but the couple above me got up and banged on their walls and floor, which also kept me awake.  The giggling went on, in fits and starts, until 6:20, when I got up.  After caring for my kits, I walked to the bakery and got a fresh bagel - and I heard the laughter as I left the building, and when I returned.  I'm glad someone was up and feeling all giggly this morning - I could make out five distinct voices, so I guess a group of friends over-nighted partying, and just returned home.  Things became very quiet again after 7:15 today.
   My kits are running in and out this morning - Lovey used to be the one who stayed close to home in the morning, while Nedi rambled.  Nedi is sticking near the apartment now, while Lovey disappears for long periods.  It's always interesting with the kits around.  Saw my shrink yesterday and got my meds renewed - have to take the prescriptions to the pharmacy later today to get them on file.  I'm not looking forward to Wednesday morning, when I'll be 12 hours fasting for my blood work, and then have to face Dr Guthrie.  It would be nice if I could have a "Principle Care Physician" that I liked....  She always makes me feel as if I'm a very disgusting specimen on an overgrown Petri dish....
  There's nice news about Groupie Doll, the mare who won the Breeders Cup Fillies and Mares Sprint.  She was sold at Fasig-Tipton for $3.1 million to Mandy Pope earlier this week.  Mandy had Dr Larry Bramlage do a thorough check of the mare, and, as she is totally sound and in perfect health, has decided to return Groupie Doll to the race track.  She returned to her previous trainer, who was also a previous part-owner, on Friday.  Ms Pope had purchased the mare with the intent of breeding her only, but after speaking with the first owners, and Dr Bramlage, she decided to have the mare continue to run, as long as she is healthy and interested in racing.
  If I were on Chincoteague today, I'd be joining the folks from the American Legion who are placing American flags on the graves of those people who served our country.  I read this morning that the Eastern Shore of Maryland is paying special attention to those who served in the War of 1812...  Of course, Chincoteague is in Virginia, but I know of two War of 1812 veterans who are buried in Redmens Cemetery on Taylor Street - both are my great-great-grandfathers.

No comments: