Friday, November 8, 2013

Very Breezy Friday

The wind has been howling off and on since 1 a.m. this morning, and is currently blowing at a pretty sustained rate of 23 mph from the north-northwest.  We've had gusts up to 57 mph so far this morning.  I let the kits out when I crawled out of bed this morning - and about ten minutes ago, they were both curled up inside, so I closed the patio door - not because it's cold, but due to the wind.  It's already 61 degrees here, the humidity is 11%, and, while there are a few clouds, we're not expecting any precipitation.
  I have an appointment to see my psychiatrist at 2 this afternoon, to get my medications refilled.  I still don't like this person;  I miss Dr. Shapiro.   And next Wednesday, I get to see my other un-favorite person, Dr. Guthrie, for my annual blood tests and medication refills.  The last time I saw Dr. Guthrie, she said she was going to start me on a whole new bunch of meds.  Yuck.  My tummy never likes new meds - I'm always queasy and and my intestines react nastily, too.  Not looking forward to either appointment!
  I had not realized that Centralinteligence was eased during the Breeders Cup Dirt Mile race.  He finished last in the field, and was vanned off the track in an equine ambulance.  He suffered a hairline condylar fracture of his right foreleg during the race.  It has been repaired with two screws, and it is hoped that the chestnut colt will return to racing in three to four months.  His veterinarians said his prognosis was excellent after yesterday's surgery.
  And there are quite a few new stallions standing at stud this year (alphabetically):
Alternation   at  Pin Oak
Animal Kingdom    at  Jonabell (for Darley Stud)
Fast Bullet   at  Paul's Mill
Fort Larned   at  Adena Springs
Graydar   at  Taylor Made
Point of Entry   at  Adena Springs

***   Hoping your Friday and weekend is stupendous!   ***

No comments: