Saturday, November 23, 2013

Weather, Critters, Plans

With a quick reference to yesterday's blog entry - the horse in JFK's funeral parade was named Black Jack. You can see photos of him and his replacement, along with an informative article at:  http://www.horsecarecourses.com/horse_of_the_week/2012/02/black-jack-the-caparisoned-horse-at-jfk-kennedy-s-funeral.html
   It's been relatively warm in Boulder for the first part of November - but we had a high of 14 on Thursday, along with 5.8 inches of dry powdery snow.  Yesterday we got up to freezing, and snow melted off the sidewalks, roadways and driveways.  Last night we had another inch or so of snow fall - still light, dry, and powdery - not good stuff for making snowmen, snowcats, or snowdogs.  My cats are outside playing in the white stuff right now - the patio door is open, and they can come inside whenever they want.  I hope it will be soon, as my toes are starting to become a bit chilled, even though I have wool socks on.  I've been putting out a few more nuts for the squirrels, now that the weather has taken a bad turn.  -  Of course, it's a good turn for the ski resorts here in Colorado; Copper Mountain has already had 58 inches of snow fall, not counting what they've made with their snow guns...
  Of the four college football games I'd like to see today, only one is available in my area - and it's on when the 50th anniversary show of Doctor Who airs on BBC America, and in 74 other countries around the world simultaneously.  NPR did a short piece on the phenomenon of Doctor Who today, and played a sound clip that made me smile - because I knew, without a doubt, that Tom Baker (who portrayed the fourth Doctor) was speaking.  And I have always loved Tom Baker - on stage, on television, or in the movies.  It made a very good start to my day.
  I am staying at Rosie's at the moment, and have been doing so since Thursday morning.  I'm also running over to care for Cooper, Lola, Belle, Pounce and Tipsi on Tamarack.  I was supposed to be feeding, medicating and loving Tugger and Sasquatch over the weekend, also, but their owner became ill and didn't travel.  I'll start taking care of T & S on Wednesday, instead.
  The Snow clan will gather at the Niwot Grange Building for Thanksgiving this year.  The younger siblings, Kent and his wife Vanessa, are both just out of the hospital in South Dakota, so we won't see them this year - nor their two sweet kids, Dominque and Karissa.  But it seems that everyone else will be there.  Kathy and Jim will spend Christmas in Santa Fe, getting to know son-in-law Michael Fleetwood's family, so the kits and I will be staying at the Snow house for Santa's visit.  Boo will be ecstatic!

No comments: