Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Zephraim Cenedi is Four Today

Today is Nedi's fourth birthday - he has grown from a handful of black fluff that I adopted at the age of 9 weeks, to a big ball of black fluff with a penchant for chasing his sister.  Zephraim Cenedi looks like a very large cat, thanks to a very full and fluffy coat; actually, he weighs about 6 pounds - half the amount of his "sister", Lovey.  Small-boned, extremely active, and having a personality that enjoys interacting with other cats, birds, and squirrels, Nedi is a bundle of joy.  And, like any brother, he knows precisely what to do to get his sister to lose her cool - and it's kind of fun to watch him plot things to do to his sister.  He doesn't stare at her, but he gives these measuring glances, and then looks away to plan his strategy.  I bought a special dinner treat for them both, and will do the same when Lovey's birthday comes back around...
Nedi, with his favorite catnip toy, sitting on the box he is currently deconstructing (with his teeth)

  It was so marvelous to sleep in my own bed last night.  I'll have to watch The Blacklist on line this week, as I collapsed in bed last night when Kathy brought me home, after answering my collected e-mail.  We had wind off and on throughout the weekend and yesterday. Today the sun is shining in a bright blue sky and it's all of 35 degrees out.  I've taken care of my kids and fed the squirrels walnuts for breakfast.  I think that I will just laze around today - read and do some genealogy research, but not push anything.  Spending 24 hours at home, without needing to go out and do something, seems a wonderful thing, these days.
 

No comments: