Saturday, July 19, 2014

Dale Chihuly's Art

The Denver Botanic garden is hosting a show of glass-blower-artist Dale Chihuly's work through 30 November of this year.  I spent over 5 hours looking at the artwork from various angles and still didn't see all that I wanted to see.  This man's vision and skill is incomprehensible to me... I ooohed and ahhhed over every exhibit I saw.  One was being set up, a part of one was inside a reserved building, and I couldn't find one that was plainly marked on the map - but everything I did see was exquisite!  I'll post photos tomorrow. As I am very allergic to bee and wasp stings, I moved somewhat gingerly around and about the Garden yesterday - there were honeybees and bumblebees galore, as well as a huge number of butterflies.  The weather forecast was for extremely hot temperatures and the possibility of afternoon thunderstorms. I think it reached about 93 degrees, but the sun was playing in and out with the clouds, and there was a nice breeze blowing most of the time. It was a little warm in the full sun, but the shade sometimes felt chilly... I have to say it was fantastic weather in which to wander the Botanic Garden and view the glass sculptures.
   We also found that all the glass sculptures have specific lighting - and now we feel it necessary to return on one of the evenings in October, when the Garden will be open specifically for viewing the glass artworks at night, under the lights.  I only hope that my photography will portray the lighting and sculptures well.  I might end up having to just retain it in my mind, which would be fine with me, but I love sharing views of Dale Chihuly's work.
   Particulates from all of the wildfires are making our skies hazy - and there are a few air quality warnings out for those of us who have COPD and asthma.  Not much else happening at the moment, so I'll close until tomorrow's posting of photos from the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Denver Botanic Garden....

No comments: