Monday, January 26, 2015

Chair Dancing

We have bright blue skies today, and I can see the Indian Peaks.  We're supposed to reach 68 degrees this afternoon.  Somehow, that makes me giggle as I hear about the snow storm heading for New York.  The weather forecasters here spent 4 minutes talking about expected snowfall in the Big Apple - that is usually the topic for local news, on the western slope.  If New York City gets more than 26.7 inches of snow, it will break the record set in 1947.  Not here in Boulder, but at the ski resorts, we are low on snow, having only 10 to 12 feet fall, as opposed to the usual 30 to 40 feet...  That's why I giggle.  If I were still living in Florida, or the metropolitan Washington, DC area, I'd be horrified.  But after 10 years in Colorado? That's nothing.
  Lovey is lying on the top of the cat tree, looking out the window as the squirrels chase one another around like idiots.  Nedi has been in and out frequently, playing with the squirrels, and laying in wait for birds that can't miss seeing him.... but he doesn't give up.
  I spent yesterday doing genealogy research, cleaning my patio, doing dishes, taking out trash and recyclables, and sorting and discarding old catalogs.  I also read half of a book, and spent some time on the telephone with a client, agreeing to spend time with her dog this week.  I couldn't find anything I wanted to have on the television as background noise, so I had "Malt Shop Oldies" on for 2 hours and then another 2 hours of "The 60s Revolution."  I had forgotten how much I "dance" while sitting in my chair when Oldie Goldies are playing.  I'll have to do that more frequently, so I get a good workout while doing research.  -  I'll never forget how I was silently singing and dancing (in my chair) while at work in the EPA Research Library; the song Shout! was playing, and I was doing what the lyrics said, with my arms and head, while silently mouthing the words.  I had my headset on, and was also reading a letter on my monitor.  At the end of the song, I realized I was hearing faint applause from all around my desk.  I raised my eyes and saw 15 of my co-workers standing around me and applauding.  They said it was one of the best shows they'd ever seen....  My face was red for a short while - but I always enjoy music!

No comments: