Saturday, January 3, 2015

Critters and Snow

Walking back from the grocery store this morning, I could see Mount Audubon and Sugarloaf Mountain easily, but I had to strain to make out the Indian Peaks, further west.  There was a grey line of mountain-wave cloud partially obscuring them, and I'm guessing that cloud will bring the winds this morning, and/or the snow this afternoon.  There was sunshine earlier, but the clouds are covering most of the sky, even though the snow on the ground looks bright.  I let Lovey and Nedi run in and out for 90 minutes this morning, and I just finished toweling them off.  They both came back snow-coated - I don't know whether they were digging, tunneling, or just rolling in the stuff.  They did let me sleep in, a little, this morning, and it was pure heaven!
  Beatrice and I were supposed to meet at 10:30 at Turley's for brunch this morning, but the house where I was supposed to feed, water and clean potty boxes cancelled.  I left Bea a voice mail Thursday, and two notes on Facebook yesterday, but haven't heard back from her.  Guess I'll go upstairs and put a note under her door, so we can go together instead of just meeting there.  I ordered six books on December 15, but have yet to receive them.  Guess I need to look at the receipts and call the company to see where the books are...  They are not at my house - I've been re-reading old favorites since the 17th.
  There are about 7 or 8 squirrels on the porch and in the trees this morning, as well as a lot of small birds (which reminds me that I need to get more shelled sunflower seeds).  I was just distracted by a red-shafted flicker leaving Rodney's (my neighbor) feeder...  But I feed the small ground-feeders - the sparrows, finches, juncoes, chickadees, and wrens.  However, I don't put food out for them until I have my kits inside; I'd feel very guilty, otherwise.  And I'm looking forward to seeing some football this weekend...  A nice, long leisurely weekend for me this time around.

No comments: