Friday, April 3, 2015

Snow And More Snow

The big fluffy snowflakes that were falling earlier have ceased, and the sun is trying to pierce heavy clouds that are moving east.  Clumps of snow are falling from tree limbs, and all the squirrels have sopping wet feet and legs, and rather bedraggled tails this morning.  Nedi didn't want to come back inside this morning, so he spent more than an hour outside, and when he returned, his feet were muddy, and he had sparkling snow on a lot of his fur.  Lovey stepped out onto the patio, looked around, didn't react at all when a squirrel jumped over her head, and came back inside to curl up in the afghan.
   I took care of Jasmine yesterday morning, and then managed to get Rosie out for an hour before the snowflakes started to fall thickly. Yesterday afternoon, I went back to Jasmine's, and since I was running late to get to the Grand Jury meeting, I left her empty food can, filled with water, in the sink, so I could scrub it out and place it in recycling this morning.  Then I hurried off to the Justice Center.  We were brought up to the current point on an old case, and presented a new case last night.  I already know my stance on both of these two cases, even though I'm listening to all evidence to see if I  hear of, or notice, any discrepancies.
   When I returned home last night. I found an e-mail from Jasmine's "co-keeper" - this lady cares for Jasmine normally, but she was supposed to gone for a week on a camping trip, so I was taking care of the heavy-duty mouser.  The friend had returned early from her camping trip, thanks to the snow, and let me know that she was back, and would take over the care of Jasmine beginning this morning.  I told her that was fine, and I warned her about the empty cat food can in the sink...  I wonder if Jasmine caught another mouse last night?
  Today is Good Friday for Christians, and Passover begins for those of Jewish faith at sundown this evening.  And we'll have an unusually quick total lunar eclipse of a Blood Moon tonight/early tomorrow morning - the full eclipse will last only 4 minutes and 43 seconds, the shortest total eclipse in this century.  Here in Boulder, the full eclipse will begin at 5:57 a. m. MDT, and we should be able to view it all.  However, due to the sunrise, we'll miss out on the complete revealing of the moon from the earth's shadow.

No comments: