Sunday, May 3, 2015

Snow, Betting And Stealing Food

Today is the last day that Loveland Ski Resort is open for skiing...  Looking towards the mountains, I can see that Sugarloaf has no snow, the Indian Peaks are almost completely snow covered, and Mount Audubon still has a total snow covering.  It was in the mid-70s (F) here yesterday, and we had a thunderstorm about 2 in the afternoon - that happened on both Friday and Saturday.  So May is arriving with afternoon and evening thunderstorms, which is fine with me.
  I did not actually bet any monies on the Kentucky Oaks and the Derby this year, and it's a good thing.  My betting choices were awful this year, and since I'm trying to hang onto my dollars for my summer vacation, I'm glad I didn't place any.  Lovely Maria  is a beautifully bred filly, who didn't get the respect she deserved in the Kentucky Oaks.  I did not think that American Pharoah would live up to his racing history and obvious talent at Churchill Downs.  Boy, was I ever wrong.   I can only try to do better for the Preakness and Belmont Stakes, which means I'll have to release my dislike of betting favorites.
   If I'm extremely hungry, I'm lucky to be able to eat three pieces of a large pizza from Pizza Hut.  I ate two pieces yesterday, and closed the remainder (6 big slices) inside the box inside the wall oven in the kitchen.  I left the house for 25 minutes, to walk over to a house and feed and love a cat.  When I got back, Rosie looked guilty about something.  Then I realized the oven door was barely ajar - so I thought Rose had tried to reach, but not actually accessed, the pizza - especially since the box was still closed and the napkin was folded neatly along the front edge.  I was, therefore, very surprised when I opened the box an hour or so later, to have a third slice of pizza.  The box was completely empty.  I can't imagine why, but Rosie was up and down all night long, drinking lots of water, and needing to go outside and relieve herself.  My mistake.  From now on, I'll have to place the box inside the refrigerator, with a big chair propped under the door handle.  Sometimes Rosie is too smart for her own good.

No comments: