Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Getting Colder

I must be running hot today - took out the trash and recycling at Lynn's this morning, and went grocery shopping before 6:30.  Then, on the way to my apartment, I read the temperature was 27 degrees.  I was wearing a cotton T-shirt and light-weight denim jeans, and I was comfortable.  Maybe I'm still running a fever?  Anyway....
   The sun is shining and the sky is clear this morning.  Clouds are supposed to start building this afternoon, along with winds.  The Denver meteorologists say they might get one inch of snow tonight, but the forecast for Boulder is for four inches of snow.  We're also forecast to have lows in the low 20s and teens for the next four nights.  I'll have to cover the kale tonight, I guess, along with the parsnips, turnips, herbs and carrots that are still in the ground.  Everything else  has died, and/or has been plowed under already.  We usually have a huge crop of apples, but with the late fall and hard freezes last year and this year, there are no apples at all - which will make it a bit harder on our mule deer, who are used to munching ground fall apples into the New Year.
  I guess I need to find my hat, scarf and mittens, my wool socks and heavier slacks and sweat pants, since it seems the cold is setting in.  Ah, well....   Time keeps on ticking away....

No comments: