Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Just Stuff and Some Photos

I am, well, .... miffed.  I'm not really angry, but I just can't understand why someone would steal our pumpkin.  Three weeks before Halloween, we got a nice, round, large pumpkin to sit outside the entrance to our second floor apartment.  We also purchased ten smaller gourds, squash, and tiny pumpkins to heap around the large one.  It wasn't touched through Halloween, nor on All Saints Day.  Monday morning, when I left to walk doggies, the pumpkin was sitting outside the door, with it's entourage.  When I returned, the small items were still there, but the pumpkin was gone.
   I thought that, maybe, Beatrice had decided to cut into the pumpkin and then put it out for our local squirrels.  I walked around, but saw no pumpkin.  I asked Bea about it when she returned home - and she thought I had taken the pumpkin down for the squirrels.  We both looked again, but no pumpkin was evident.  We had planned on using the pumpkin and gourds as a display through Thanksgiving, to celebrate the harvest.  But someone stole our big pumpkin.  Why?  We live on the "back" side of the building - away from the street and sidewalk.  Our door, and the display, is not visible from the front of the building.  The pumpkin was visible from the parking lot and mail-box area - why let it sit peacefully until November 2nd, and then steal it?  It just doesn't make sense to me...








No comments: