Monday, March 25, 2013

A Foot of Snow

We ended up getting a foot of snow over the weekend - and Nancy, who owns Rosie and Remy, was headed north (and home) up the 19th Street hill, when someone coming down lost control of their car, spinning all all the place. Nancy tried to turn away from the wayward vehicle, but it ended up hitting her car three times. So Nancy spent most of Saturday in the Emergency Room, getting checked out. She, Max and Joel left on their vacation early yesterday morning, and I was there to cover things until Katie arrived to look after Rosie and Remy.
   Because of the morning visit to the Rs, I had very little time to spend with my kits yesterday. I ran in, loved them, fed them, cleaned the litter boxes and returned to Finn and Skippy's house because I was having problems with the front (driveway) gate. It's an electric gate, and opens to the weight of your vehicle and/or a numeric code. The north side of the gate had stuck in the open position Saturday afternoon, and I had gone down and "played" with the mechanism, trying to get it to close and stay closed. Finn, of course, took this as an opportunity to run up to Linden Avenue, and I got to chase him down, while it was snowing and there were 10 inches on the ground - the snow was almost up to my knees. When I got back yesterday morning, the gate had closed by itself, and is currently working normally.
   Anyway, I'm back at my place for the morning, and have been breaking frequently from my reading and e-mailing to stop and love both Nedi and Lovey. And I am not terribly surprised that I didn't win the Power Ball lottery Saturday night. Only one winning ticket was sold, and that was in Passaic, New Jersey - and is worth $338 million; $221 million if the winner decides to cash in totally, instead of having payments over 20 years.
   I enjoyed another episode of Vikings on the History Channel last night, and I will re-watch it Tuesday night, after NCIS. I miss Vegas terribly, and am eagerly awaiting it's reappearance on Friday night after the end of March Madness....

No comments: