Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Family Matters

It's a nice, bright, sun-shiny day out - which has already caused the set of muddy paw-prints on my jeans and T-shirt. They start at the ankle and walk right up my right leg, then onto my chest... Lovey then licked my face and marked my jaw line with her chin. I visited Maggie May yesterday and was delighted that she remembered me; I start caring for her on Friday. I sent off a collection of children's books to my granddaughter yesterday, as well as a Hello Kitty activity book and a Carousel of Happiness coloring book. Then I had found some nice, old-fashioned coloring pages for Easter, so they went into the package as well. I sent it Priority mail, so Kennedy will receive it before Easter.
   I spent most of yesterday finalizing my plans for the making of a baby quilt for Sarah's daughter... One side will be an (almost, but not quite true) recreation of my baby quilt that had galloping horses in separate diamond-shaped fields. Instead of the one galloping horse shape, this one will have five shapes of horses, one in each of the 21 diamonds. The reverse side of the quilt will be in a dog and cat (or other animals) print. I know the amounts and sizes of the material I need, and will head off to the fabric store for cloth and batting later this morning.
   I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the NCIS episode last night, in which McGee finally came to terms with his father, the Admiral. I've known a lot of people that are like both the Admiral and his son, McGee. I respect McGee more, but I also know that the times that the Admiral grew up and lived in molded the man he became. I try to keep an open mind and heart toward all of my new, and old, acquaintances. I know my own demons, and I know that I can be a trial to everyone on certain days - those are the days I try to isolate myself, so my nastiness won't spread to others...
   Right now, I'll just wish you a happy hump day!

No comments: