Saturday, June 8, 2013

Today's Belmont Stakes and "Vikings"

I've broken two sweats already this morning here in Boulder, while it looks to be a sloppy track this afternoon for the Belmont Stakes.  Right now, I'm standing pat with my five betting choices from yesterday's blog - Oxbow, Midnight Taboo, Palace Malice, Unlimited Budget, and Golden Soul.
   I was totally wowed last night, watching my first live web-cast, or live stream, whatever you want to call it. The History Channel had announced earlier this week that they were taking questions from the public, via Facebook and Twitter, for the writer, producer, and main cast of Vikings.  Michael Hirst, who developed the idea and has written all of the episodes, was there; as was Travis Fimmel (Ragnar), Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha), Clive Standen (Rollo), Jessalyn Gilsig (Siggy), Gustaf Skarsgard (Floki), George Blagden (Athelstan); and one of the History Channel's producers, who backed the series (sorry, I can't remember his name).
  The majority of the questions were good - asking about the scene with Lagertha licking the Seer's hand; and if Gustaf was the person who developed Floki's giggle and odd movements, as well as where his slouch came from.  Someone asked the cast what they would like to do in the upcoming season - George Blagden wants to ride a horse and fight, Gustaf wants Floki to grow, Clive wants Rollo to grow, also.  It was a very well presented program, and it was wonderful to be able to hear the actors and the writer answer questions in their normal voices and accents.  I highly recommend seeing this, if you're a Vikings fan, and the show is available for rebroadcast.
  ** And it was on today's date in 793 that the Vikings raided Lindisfarne Abbey in England. **
  Have to wrap gifts for my niece's baby shower, and then go over to my sister's to help prepare the food...
  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: