Friday, November 14, 2008

First Snow

According to the TV news last night, we had a wind gust of 70 mph yesterday - and the first snow began to fall sometime around 4 this morning. The high was 66 degrees yesterday, so the snow is melting on roadways, sidewalks, etc. and we're expected to get back to the 60's before the end of the weekend, with 70 as a high on Tuesday.... if the forecast is correct.

Lovey was pretty disgusted with the snow - she went out in it and came in, shaking her coat like a wet dog, and proceeding to dry her tootsies in my lap. Banichi ventured out, and returned quickly, shaking his paws, and heading for the litter box. The squirrels have yet to appear today, but the birds are here in droves. I spent two hours with Rosie and Remy this past evening; Remy greeted me like an old friend, and Rosie was so excited to see me that she was jumping around like a jack-in-the-box. Rosie is still lame, and even had a spinal tap two weeks ago - so while we were delighted that she was that excited, we also didn't want her to do more harm to her hips. At least they seemed to enjoy my reading to them.

It's 30 degrees outside, but the sun has now arrived and the snow in the backyard is melting quickly. That means Lovey and Banichi will be having fun in the mud this afternoon... I've always felt like Pigpen in the Charlie Brown comics - I'll be perfectly clean and step outside and somehow am suddenly covered with dirt and smudges... Lovey and Banichi simply delight in getting filthy and the coming to my lap or sitting next to the keyboard and shaking all the -stuff- out of their coats and one me and/or the desk and computer... What can I say: Like Mother, like kits.

No comments: