Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New President; No Snow

Gimpy is sitting in the chair on the patio and eating dry-roasted un-salted peanuts. There are 10 birds at the feeders; Banichi is lurking outside somewhere, while Lovey is curled up in my lap. The patio door is cracked open, even though it's in the mid-30s - I have to get Banichi back inside. The storm swept over us and to the north, so while we cooled down considerably, we did not get any snow. Chain laws are in effect for the mountains; snow is falling in the high country, with fog, slick roads and, later today, blowing snow advisories.

I know my husband would have been extremely happy with the results of yesterday's election. To have a man such as Barack Obama as President-Elect is a wonderful, earth-changing, historic moment. - It makes me think of yesterday, when I arrived at my voting precinct early, and a young blonde student asked if I would take a photo of her standing outside the precinct doors, because she wanted to document her first time voting in a Presidential election - and I told her after I took her photo that she needed to remove her Obama button before going inside to actually cast her vote. She had gotten so used to wearing it that she had forgotten she had it on.-
I totally enjoyed Obama's speech - and, being me, have only one question: What kind of puppy are his daughters going to get?

No comments: