Monday, November 17, 2008

Banichi knocks himself down...

The kits are out, basking in the sun, and hoping for birds. My walk this morning was cool and brisk - it's in the mid-30s - and the sky is a bright cloudless blue. Since it's gotten cooler and I'm still trying to walk relatively early, I don't see as much wildlife and birds as I used to. I saw a pair of raccoons this morning, and a couple of ravens, but most critters were already tucked in for the day, or still snuggling before getting up and going out.

Lovey is sitting at the bottom of the aspen, with several squirrels up in the tree scolding her. I just heard a little sneeze and twitched the curtain aside to find Banichi walking the inch-wide window sill. I placed my hand against the windowpane and the Nich-mon tried to rub against it, and pushed himself right off the sill. He's just wandered back inside and has plopped in front of the keyboard.

The FCC and powers that be are testing the HDTV broadcasting network today in Denver - supposedly, since I have cable, I don't have to do anything... Glenn's Memorial Celebration will be held on Sunday, Nov. 23rd, at his house in Pomona; Kathy and I will be there. I have adopted a US soldier - a 20-year-old young man from Texas, who does double-duty as a haz-mat technician and as a VIP security guard. So if I mention Matthew in Iraq, you now know why.

No comments: