Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A New Reputation?

I just received a telephone call from a complete stranger who lives in North Boulder. They informed me that they had "my dog" at their house. Since I don't own a dog, I found it curious. Then I was told that they had found the dog, with a collar, but no tags, with a used poop-bag tied to it's collar; and that the dog seemed to be happy to answer to the name of Sasha.
It turns out these folks had called friends, who had called friends, and finally my name came up, as well as the word that I knew "all the dogs in Boulder." I've checked Craig's List here in Boulder (no missing Samoyeds on it), and have also reported the find to the Boulder City Police, as well as the address and phone number, in case the owner reports the dog missing.... I've checked with my brother-in-law and his dogs are safe at home; the breeder he shows with doesn't know of any Sammies in North Boulder, either.... I hope the dog's owner turns up soon!

No comments: