Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting ready to Give Thanks

Yesterday we had a nasty, grey cloudy sky that made everything seem chilly. Today, the sky is a bright blue, it's sunny, and it's 30 degrees outside. The patio door is standing open and my kits are running in and out. Brandi and I had a nice stroll around the neighborhood this morning, and then I walked home. We're expecting a high of 60 today and 36 tomorrow, with snow falling tomorrow night. Usually in November, this area get 11 inches of snow fall and about an inch of rain; so far, we've had less than an inch of snow.... We're hurting for moisture.

We're having the Snow Family Thanksgiving feast at Laura's in Fort Collins tomorrow - I'm taking corn pudding, fresh fruit, and two pound cakes. I'll be baking this afternoon and evening at Brandi's. I haven't seen Jim's youngest brother since he and Kathy got married in 1981 - it will be interesting! I'm going to go visit with Rosie and Remy this afternoon, and get final instructions from Joel and Nancy, so I'll be ready to house-sit with the Irish kids on Friday. Brandi and I shared supper last night; she's been taking her meds with no problem and is such a big love - this morning she was scratching her back on my legs while we were in bed, and she was growling with delight. It was very amusing! And I've added caring for Ooch to my kid roster for the next 6 days, too.

The next few days will again be hectic, but I hope to be able to get to my blog each day - I thoroughly enjoyed my drive through eastern Colorado, all of Kansas, and through the southern part of Missouri. Kathy and I did have to laugh - I got Mapquest instructions for the drive to and from Pomona, but only really looked at the east-bound directions... Sunday morning, as we were driving along 13 north of Springfield, Kathy suddenly said, "How are we getting back? There are two lanes going south, here; but there's no road on the other side at all!" So it turned out we had a different return route scheduled, but we made our own alterations so we could end up in Nevada, MO for the night on our return.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: