Saturday, November 8, 2008

Idiotically Stupid (Me)

I've already had my walk and am preparing to go over to stay with Ooch for a few hours. Lovey is begging me to let her out (quite verbally), and Banichi is just staring out the door. I slept like a rock last night - of course, I did have two warm bodies with me most of the time.

Yesterday afternoon I discovered an old pot in the very back of the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. There was a really gross covering of dark grey mold with some blue and green mixed in that had grown over the top of the contents, which were somewhat liquid. I turned on the cold water, turned on the disposal, and dumped the pot. The disposal hummed and chewed its' way through the contents of the pot, but it didn't want to process the mold. I thought I'd give it a helpful shove down the drain/disposal. - instead, I forked myself.

Yes, you read that correctly. I forked myself. Please never be as idiotically stupid as I was yesterday! I grabbed a fork by the tines and used the handle to try to poke the mold down into the disposal blades - with the disposal turned on. Big mistake. I poked too deeply, the handle of the fork got caught in the blades, and the tines pierced the ball of my thumb with a bit of torque. So the holes into and out of my thumb are not straight... Dumb, dumb, dumb.... I just was not using my brain at all! There was nothing to sew together, I'm current on my Tetanus shot, so I just washed and washed and washed the holes, soaked my thumb in hydrogen peroxide and then applied Neosporin ointment. I soaked my thumb in salt water last night, then washed, peroxided, and Neosporined it before bed and again this morning. The areas around the holes are a little bit pinker than usual, but that's to be expected.... I've had to laugh at my own idiocy!

No comments: