Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ooch, and possible snow?

I was lucky to see a meteor streaking across the sky this morning while I was out walking - I decided I really hadn't seen it, until I arrived home and the meteor sighting was being reported on the early news. It's a cool, bright morning with beautiful blue skies; most of the leaves are gone from the aspens in the backyard; the kits are running in and out like maniacs, and the birds and squirrels are getting seed and peanuts. A single-engine plane just flew, rather low, over the apartment - it might have been Jim, saying hello.

As soon as I've finished this bit, I'll head over to take care of Ooch. Unfortunately the bus system has a very limited service on Sunday mornings, so I can only head that way once an hour - and I just missed the first bus. Ooch seems to be doing fine. I feed him a teaspoon of minced food, which is mixed with gravy, greens, and rice, every 30 minutes and he eats hungrily and heartily; and since I keep his intake at a slow rate, he doesn't upchuck his food. He is also drinking water, lactose-free milk, and eating his dry food. I'm grooming him daily, but he does have a lot of mats in his coat - I'll probably take my hair-cutting scissors with me when I visit him tomorrow.

Kathy and her daughter are at a Bed & Breakfast Workshop for two days - it's up in Estes Park and is aimed at Prospective Owner/Operators. Estes Park is expecting 4 to 8 inches of snow over the next 48 hours; supposedly we are expecting 3 to 5 inches by Monday night. I had to laugh at one of our weathermen - last night he said that the weather for Monday and Tuesday would be: "Grey, rainy, snowy, cold, and just plain blah." That's the first time I've heard a meteorologist describe the weather as Blah. I'm happy with yesterday's collegiate football results - but I still disagree with a call in the Florida-Vanderbilt game in Nashville. The Gators won anyway, but I still think the officials screwed up a call.... Need to gather my kits inside and head over to the Ooch-man's.... (I can't, for the life of me, figure out why spell-check doesn't like Ooch's name!!!)

No comments: