Friday, November 7, 2008

Open Countryside Relaxes

I'm posting late because I took the bus to Lafayette this morning and purchased a bunch of stuff for the kits and I at Wal-Mart. I am used to seeing the mountains always to the west now, but I grew up in the outer suburbs of a town, and I like to see open country. I hadn't realized how tightly wound my body was until I started looking at open fields and pastures as we traveled east on Arapaho Avenue, and felt myself physically relax. I was amazed at how tight my muscles were! And the more open the country became, the more relaxed I felt... I'll have to remember to ride out there at least every two weeks.

It's pretty windy here at the moment - Lovey and Banichi keep ducking back inside when the wind really blows. I swept the patio already but it doesn't look as if I had. Tomorrow is a home football game with kickoff scheduled for 11:37 - so the kits won't be able to go out in the morning. I'll let them out late tonight and again late tomorrow afternoon; but I know they are going to complain.

Ooch is hanging in there, so I'll be at his house this afternoon for a couple of hours and then for 2 or so hours every morning through Tuesday. He really is such a big love. His owner just worked out his age to be 18 - so he's had a good long life. Lovey has placed herself on the right front corner of my desk and keeps swiping her tail over the keyboard... Banichi is sitting just inside the door, watching the leaves blow madly across the yard. I need to start planning my lunch and the get ready to visit Ooch... Have a good weekend!

No comments: