Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Slow-motion Chase

Sunrise was gorgeous this morning - and I had a very good walk along the Boulder Creek Path. I saw a few squirrels and a few birds, but mostly I was just enjoying the chuckle and chatter of Boulder Creek. The birds are just beginning to show up at my feeders, and Banichi just finished a hysterical slow-motion chase of a squirrel - at a walk. The squirrel would take two hops and stop and look at Banichi, and Banichi would pause, consider, and take one step; then the squirrel would take another two hops... The squirrel is now eating in the peanut chair and Banichi is lying at the foot in the sun.

Massoud, my neighbor from Libya, told me yesterday that he frequently hears Lovey talking to me in the morning - he asked if she was hungry. I laughed and showed him the three different dry food bowls, the two water bowls, and the canned-food plate. He, too, laughed.

I was happy to see that the Obama family was checking out a Quaker school in Washington, DC for the girls to attend. I hope they choose the Sidwell Friends School. And the President-Elect says they won't get a puppy until they are well-settled in the Whitehouse and have their routines set. That's good, too.

It was 78 degrees here yesterday, a record high temperature; we're expecting 68 today, still well above the norm of 50; but tomorrow we'll have a high in the 30s, with rain, snow, and possible "frizzle" - frozen drizzle, that is... The weekend looks to be fair, which is great news, as Kathy and I are driving across Kansas to go to Glenn's memorial celebration. I'm looking forward to meeting my cousins - and I'm terribly sad that I didn't get to meet Glenn.

No comments: